Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

21 Days of Contagious Gratitude | Day 2

Gratitude





Day 2 – I am thankful for who I was because it made me…who I am.


The adversity of my past has given my story meaning.  In the spirit of gratitude we should all be appreciative of where God has brought us from.  During times of struggle reflecting on how you made it through the last time will propel you to find the strength needed to get through the present day’s challenges. 

I am grateful for the past employers that treated me unjustly because it gave me to fuel need to become the “employer” and not the “employee”.

I am grateful for being in between homes for a time because it reminds me to value shelter every day.

I am grateful for taking public transportation because it gives me the mercy to give others a ride.

I am grateful for financial strain because it taught me the importance of stewardship.

I am grateful for imperfections in my physical because it shows me that it’s what’s inside that matter most.

I am grateful for those who abandoned me because it revealed my inner strength and let me know I can stand on my own two feet.

I am grateful for disappointment because it taught me to love as Christ loves us; because we disappoint him daily.

You see the adversity of your past is just a stepping stone into a better future.  Rejoice in “how you got over” and give God the praise.
Gospel Song "How I Got Over" by Vickie Winans

No comments:

Post a Comment