Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

He Say, She Say…but What Does God Say

Faith

 

 


I wish people would give the unequivocal word of God as much of chance as they give the words of man. But the bible warns in John 3:19… that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Darkness may always be amongst us, but we must continue to be a beacon of light to those that want to see it.  Remember we are called to be fishers of men.  Visit Daily Jesus for in depth sermon, What Is the Meaning of Fishers of Men?
So what about all the He Say, She Say?
Let us look again at verse 1 John 2:27 (ESV)…“But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.” Oh my! It is pretty clear to me that if we abide in the word, then the word would abide in us.  Now the same is true if you abide in the world, then world will abide in you.  I won’t preach to you today, but will just live you with commonly known phrase of Dr. Phil, How’s that working for you?  I am not saying that all the teachings of the world are wrong, but what I am saying that if you following a teaching that does not align with the word of God; then it is time to reevaluate. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NIV) warns, “Test everything. Hold on to the good.”
I once prayed, Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.  I say be careful what you pray because it just might change your life.  It breaks my heart to see people suffering because they lack an intimate relationship with God.  I know the difference it has made in my life, and just want the same for everyone.  All I ask is that as you journey towards a higher knowledge that you give the word of God as much credence as you would the words of man.
Until Next Time…Walk in the Light


No comments:

Post a Comment