Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Illuminated Living | Reflection

Discovering  My Voice


A reflection of my journey into the blogosphere.


In 2012 I made the decision to engage in a blog platform.  Now that we are approaching 2013 I find myself reflecting over my journey.

What makes my message different than the next persons? What can I say that hasn’t already been said?  Who cares what I think?  These are few questions that I have been pondering recently. 

In my opinion, the answer doesn’t lie in the message, but in the audience and the approach.

The word of God never changes, but what changes is the way in which we apply the word to our ever changing circumstances.  Also as messengers of the word, we all have a unique voices and an audience that appreciates the way in which we convey our message.  You must understand that everything is not for everybody.  However, for your audience, your message is necessary.  Finding your audience and connecting with their needs is vital to your purpose.

To be honest with you like most people in the Blogosphere I stumbled into blogging.  I haven’t had any formal training and I don’t consider myself a writer. 

Why Blog?

I recognized that there are people that have an appreciation for what I have to say and the service that I provide.  I realize that blogging can be a platform for carrying out my mission of encouraging others and just may introduce me to my life long purpose. 

2012 Lessons Learned

1.      Rely on scripture to make sure your message is consistent

2.     Develop Your Voice

3.     Know Your Audience

4.     Adapt to Your Audience

5.     Be an humble servant

6.     Network

7.     You can NEVER proofread enough

8.     Always give credit to your sources

9.     The only way to cure writers block is to keep writing

10.   If you don’t like it, you have the power to change it.

11.   Pace Yourself

12.  Solicit outside expertise and support

I look forward with vigor to 2013 and all the opportunities the year will bring.  I appreciate every one of you that have been a part of my journey thus far, and I pray I have encouraged you, informed you, if nothing else entertained you.
May God Bless and Keep You
Akinee Maclin, Illuminated Living
P.S.-Experienced bloggers I would love to receive feeback from you with your lessons learned while blogging.
Together We Shine!!
Additional Reading
6 Steps for Writing Content Your Audience Wants to Read

Finding Your Voice as a Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment