Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2022

For A Child Is Born

Marriage and Family

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).


Out-of-Wedlock Childbirth

Out-of-wedlock childbirth refers to a baby born to parents who aren’t married. Of the world’s 140 million births that happened in 2016, about 15 percent (21 million) were born out of wedlock. This global average, however, does not reflect the enormous variation in the proportion of births outside of marriage across countries and regions. Source: The Gospel Coalition

We Act Out Our Beliefs

Speaking to a friend recently about the rise in celebrities having children out of wedlock our discussion baselined with the fact that when it comes to marriage and family; you will either build based on worldly morals or based on God’s design.  Personally, I believe God created the family, and He has divine purposes for it.

You can’t speak of God’s design without consideration of biblical covenants.  The chief benefit of living according to God’s design; God will never be unfaithful to His covenant promises.

Bible.org | God’s Design For The Family

I’m drawn to share this piece not from place of judgement, but as a baseline for the culture.  I believe sexuality is God’s design. He alone can define the parameters for its use.  Cultural influences can place immense pressure on people; without full consideration of the consequences. Raising children is a high task.  We do ourselves and our children (born and unborn) due service to fully thoughtfully consider who with be governing authority in the relationship.

Having a Child Is Always a Blessing

“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 139:13-16



Jesus In Focus

Learn Religions | “Enjoy the Complete Christmas Story of the Birth of Jesus”

Immaculate Conception via Beliefnet.com | 6 Fascinating Facts About the Immaculate Conception

No comments:

Post a Comment