Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Guard Your Heart

 Illuminated Living

Journaling for Mental Health

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

Journaling Is a Great Tool for Coping With Anxiety. Journaling is a stress management tool. Numerous studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of journaling for health, happiness, and stress management. Journaling can help you get in touch with your feelings and navigate back to center.


Today’s journaling prompt. What’s In Your Heart?

Starting with an empty page begin to write what you are feeling in your heart without judgement. Then breathe and with a prayer release all of it to God by faith.



Prayer

Lord, help me to take your words and bind them upon my heart.
When I walk, may they guide me.
When I sleep, may they watch over me.
When I awake, may they speak to me.
May they be like a lamp and a light keeping me on the way to life. Guard my heart, Lord.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment